Prottyashi, A social development organization has been responding the Rohingya Crisis in Cox`s Bazar since the crisis started and currently is going to implement project in the host community of Ukhiya and Teknaf with the funding of International Organization of Migration (IOM). Prottyashi invites applications for the vacant position titled Herbal Production Manager aka Technical Officer (Herbal) for “Livelihood Improvement for Everyone (LIFE)” Project.
Prottyashi Job Circular 2020
Technical Officer (Herbal) will report to project Coordinator. S/He has to maintain functional relationship with his/her peers, project teams and organization’s other priority teams. S/He must be able to communicate with other teams and units both program and operational of the organization.
- Provide technical support to the entrepreneurs on the herbal products to develop business and flourish the business.
- Conduct skill development training for the beneficiaries on making herbal products at the community level.
- Provide technical support to produce herbal soap, shampoo, face wash, face scrub, body lotion, coconut oil, hair pack etc. in the training and production center with ensuring quality and standard.
- Conduct skill development training for the farmers on cultivation of medicinal plant and provide technical support to them to develop farm of medicinal plant.
- Coordinate the production activities of enterprises and report to the training and production center to keep track record of such production.
- Create value chain among the entrepreneurs of medicinal plant cultivation and herbal product manufacturing.
- Maintain communication among the beneficiaries and inspire them to give their best effort to produce maximum amount of product.
- Spread the best practices of the enterprises among those who cannot meet the production targets as per the demand of the market.
- Ensure quality of the herbal products to be made by the entrepreneurs through regular on-spot visit to the production sites of the enterprises.
- Regularly follow-up the fields of beneficiaries to monitor the progress of the farms and guide the beneficiaries with necessary consultancy.
- Prepare regular reports on the progress of the enterprises and submit to the line supervisor.
Required Educational Qualification and Experience
- BAMS/BUMS in Pharmacy/Biochemistry or related subjects from any Ayurvedic and Unani College/University.
- Professionals having experiences on similar job responsibilities on herbal products are also eligible for application whose educational qualification may be compromised.
- 1 year of professional experience in relevant job responsibilities.
- Skill of photography.
- Should have professional writing and speaking capacity in English and Bangla
- Proficient with MS office suite
Salary and benefits: Monthly Gross Salary will be 37,316 BDT with contributory provident fund and regular traveling and communication bill.
Number of Post: 01
Position: Herbal Production Manager akaTechnical Officer (Herbal)
Location of Posting: Teknaf, Cox’s Bazar
Contract Duration: Till 31st March 2021
Only those who meet the above requirements are requested to apply following these instructions.
Last date of application is 25.07.2020.
Interested applicants with relevant background have to apply with a Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) along with a recent photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org or
The Human Resources Manager, ProttyashiHead Office:Syed Bari, 903/A Omar Ali MatobbarRoad (Near Bahaddar Bari) Chandgaon, Chittagong-4212.
A Voluntary Social Development Organization
Syed Bari, 903/A Omar Ali Matobbar Road (Near Bahaddar Bari)
Phone: +88-031-658222, +88-031-2550506