Employment type: Consultant
Contract period: Starting from July 20, 2020; initially for four months, with possibility of extension
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Johns Hopkins Center Job Circular 2020
When it comes to telling an engaging story that prompts the audience to reflect on their own lives and make choices, Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP) excels. A global leader in the field of Entertainment Education for over 30 years, CCP combines analysis and theory with the art of storytelling. The result is a large collection of emotionally resonant stories that enable audiences to identify with fictional counterparts whose behavior is modelled in real life. CCP programs use film, television, radio, as well as the internet and mobile phones to bring engrossing narratives to audiences. Using evidence-based theories of behavior change, CCP embeds its productions with messages centered on urgent health and social topics and more.
JHUCCP wants to hire an E-Book Developer to develop different types of e-books, related to health and other issues under the supervision of the Project Manager.
Scope of Work and Deliverables include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design and develop e-books in different formats such as i) EPUB ii) MOBI iii) AZW & AZW3 iv) IBA v) PDF vi) DJVU in Bangla and English
- Read, edit and design contents for e-books
- Liaise with transmedia, and other teams and colleagues, and design and develop at least one e-book in different formats in every two weeks
- Work as part of a broader transmedia team
- Perform related duties as assigned under the supervision of JHUCCP staff
Skills, knowledge and experience requirements
- Excellent design skills using different Adobe design software, including InDesign, etc., other publishing software and platforms
- Excellent knowledge of HTML, CSS, etc., and relevant IT skills
- Must have excellent skills for developing the following types of e-books: i) EPUB ii) MOBI iii) AZW & AZW3 iv) IBA v) PDF vi) DJVU
- Experience of developing e-books for diverse audiences
- Must be creative and good sense of design
Citizen: Bangladeshi citizen.
Language Skills: Excellent written and oral skills in Bangla and English
Apply instructions: All candidates applying to this position must submit:
- Updated résumé mentioning three references
- At least three different relevant work samples in PDF, EPUB and MOBI formats
Please send these to email@example.com, mentioning the subject line as “E-Book Developer”.
Application Deadline: Thursday, July 16, 2020 EEO Statement:
- Johns Hopkins University is committed to equal opportunity for its faculty, staff, and students. To that end, the University does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or other legally protected characteristic. The University is committed to providing qualified individuals access to all academic and employment programs, benefits and activities on the basis of demonstrated ability, performance and merit without regard to personal factors that are irrelevant to the program involved.
- The Johns Hopkins University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national, or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.