Bangladesh Red Crescent Society
684-686, Red Crescent Sarak, Bara Moghbazar, Dhaka-1217
Red Cross – Red Crescent movement is the largest volunteer organization in the world. Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) is a national society of the movement, constituted on 31 March 1973 by the President’s Order No. 26 of 1973 with retrospective effect from 16 December 1971. This is the biggest humanitarian organization in Bangladesh. As an auxiliary to the government, the Society provides humanitarian assistance to the vulnerable people over the last 49 years and has undertaken a wide range of activities in humanitarian response, disaster management, health, capacity building and in promoting Red Cross/ Red Crescent ideals and principles.
Currently Bangladesh Red Crescent Society is looking for a suitable Bangladeshi national for the following positions:
|Job Title||:||Finance Officer.|
|No. of position||:||02.|
|Duty station||:||Dhaka-01, Cox’s Bazar-01.|
|Duration of contract||:||Initially up to December 2020 (But extendable upon satisfactory performance).|
|Salary Range||:||Negotiable (BDT. 50,000/- to 60,000/-).|
|Age Limit||:||40 years (age limit will be relaxed in case of potential candidate).|
Roles and Responsibility:
- Ensure financial book keeping of all transactions.
- Maintain financial records in software.
- Assisting in the preparation of plan and budgets.
- Reconciliation of Bank Statement for each months.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, half yearly and yearly financial reports.
- Prepare cash request as per activity plan and also communication with donor for fund.
- Ensure fund transfer to related field area and also ensure bill vouchers adjustment in time against advance.
- Manage procurement and financial administrations.
- Effective interdepartmental communications.
- Any other financial responsibilities assigned by the authority.
- Masters/ MBA in finance/ accounting
- Professional degrees will be given preference.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint. Fluency in both spoken and written in English language.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience preferably with development/humanitarian sector.
- Experience in budget planning and implementation.
- Sound analytical and influencing skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to develop financial reports through using of accounting software.
- Adhere to the 7 fundamental principles of Red Cross and Red Crescent movement
- Act at all times in accordance with the Code of Conduct
- Able to work in a team and respects opinions of others
- Honest and high level of integrity
- Assist the organization on occasion, in times of national, international, local emergencies or major disasters
If you think you are competent enough for the position, apply online or submit your application mentioning the name of the position in subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5:00 pm, 18 July, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
BDRCS is an equal opportunity employer